Cloud databases got off to a rapid start in 2021 with a number of significant new products, nine-digit investments, and aggressive market entry in the last few weeks.
It is unlikely that you will give up on your level of activity. Database vendors of all shapes and sizes are competing to catch up as companies aggressively move the growing parts of their IT environment to the cloud.
Subscribe to Cloud Database Reports for free for more information on cloud database news and analytics Here..
Over the past few weeks Oracle Introducing a new version of the flagship database, startup Pinecone Systems has exited stealth mode with a new vector database for machine learning. In January, AWS announced more than 12 new database features.
Cockroach, great love for databricks
There was also an investment. Cockroach Labs reveals $ 160 million in new funding and Databricks, which develops data platforms for AI, analytics and data science, announced on February 1 that $ 1 billion, including new investors AWS and Salesforce. Announced additional funding.
And Snowflake unveiled plans to enter the vertical industry at a series of events in March. Both developments show that we “monitor this space” so that more can happen in the coming months.
This is a summary of the 10 major developments in the cloud database market that took place in January. Together, they provide evidence of a rapidly changing and rapidly growing market driven by business transformation and customer demand.
2021 Jump Start: 10 Big Cloud Database Developments
- Oracle launches Oracle Database 21cThe latest version for the flagship database with over 200 new features and improvements. Oracle’s “converged” database supports multiple data types (Relational, JSON, XML, graphs, spatial, OLAP, time series, blockchain) and multiple workloads (transaction processing, analytics, machine learning, streaming, IoT, in-memory).
- Neo4j announces general availability Neo4j Aura Enterprise, Fully managed cloud database service. Neo4j’s graph database is used to manage data and “connected datasets”. Customers include Dun & Bradstreet, Boston Scientific, and PwC.
- Pinecone Systems saysThe first serverless vector database for machine learning. “ A vector is a long list of numbers.The· The database supports real-time apps such as semantic text search, recommendations, and anomaly detection.Pinecone says Leading retailers use that technology to offer real-time shopping recommendations.
- Elastic, Elasticsearch search engine developer, Switched From Apache2 open source license to server-side public license. Elastic has moved to prevent AWS from benefiting from development efforts, unlike what MongoDB did in 2018. In response, AWS plans to develop its own Elasticsearch alternative, which will be a fork of the codebase. ZDNet asks, “Is the open source database dead?”
- Cockroach lab Raised $ 160 Million Series E funding drives the development of SQL relational databases. The latest innovation in Cockroach Labs, the “permanently free” version of Cockroach Cloud for development and education, will be released in beta shortly.
- Snowflake revealed that a series of events took place in March, entering the vertical industry. The event is scheduled for healthcare and life sciences. Financial Services and Insurance; Public Institutions; Retail and CPG; Media, Entertainment, and Advertising; and Manufacturing.
- During a briefing with an analyst, Microsoft Azure Synapse Analytics platform, Opened to the public in December. They are Synapse Studio, a SQL editor with built-in price / performance, security, automated machine learning, and visualization.
- Google Cloud continues to expand its cloud database offering in a tug of war with other cloud database providers for its customers. In a blog post, Google Cloud announced enhancements to its bare metal solution designed to run Oracle database workloads on Google Cloud, including the 10th Availability Zone and PCI DSS / HIPPA compliance.
- Another indicator of momentum is the annual execution rate of SAP’s S / 4 HANAERP system in the cloud of $ 977 million. According to Reuters.. SAP HANA is a cloud database that forms the basis of S / 4HANA in the cloud. CFO Luka Muccic said the implementation of S4 / HANA was “started very quickly” and has nearly 3,300 customers.
- As a reminder of the ever-present threat, hackers now have access to a backup database of millions of customer records belonging to Wal-Mart’s clothing retailer Bonobos. Bleeping Computer.. No mention is made of the associated database type or the cause of the vulnerability.
Subscribe to CloudWars.co’s new cloud database report for the latest information and insights on the cloud database market.
Subscribe to cloud database reports for free Here..
Cloud database market is booming: 10 key developments
Source link Cloud database market is booming: 10 key developments